Purpose in Prayer
What is prayer with a purpose? "The definite and direct utterance of one who knew that he had the ear of God, and that God had the willingness as well as the power to grant the petition which he asked of Him." There are basics of prayer. When you understand them, your prayers will change you, your family, and the world.
Here are a few of the basics:
- The more praying there is in the world, the better the world will be.
- Prayer is a disinfectant and a preventive.
- It purifies the air; it destroys the contagion of evil.
- Prayer is no fitful, short-lived thing.
- It is no voice crying unheard and unheeded in the silence.
- God shapes the world by prayer.
Author Edward M. Bounds, a prolific writer about prayer, focuses on the purpose in prayer rather than the purpose of prayer and answers many questions you may have about how to improve your prayer time. Why don't we pray more? "Other duties become pressing and absorbing and crowd out prayer. Choked to death, would be the coroner's verdict in many cases of dead praying, if an inquest could be secured on this dire, spiritual calamity." Will you be the one to pray for the various interests of earth and Heaven?
Paperback; 192 pages